The grapes for the Two Vines Shiraz of Columbia Crest grow in the beautiful Columbia Valley - in the wine-growing area of Washington State. This red wine is vinified from Shiraz (87%) and Viognier (13%) grape varieties.
In the glass, this wine delights with a dense cherry red and shiny purple reflections. The aromatic bouquet is characterised by aromas typical of the grape variety - ripe cherries and juicy raspberries and blackberries are underlined by a hint of white pepper. On the palate, this American red wine is wonderfully full-bodied and soft. The dense body fuses with the fruity aromas of the nose. The long finale is accompanied by subtle nuances of dark chocolate.
Vinification of Shiraz Columbia Crest Two Vines
After harvesting the Shiraz and Viognier grapes, the harvested material is completely destemmed in the Columbia Crest wine cellar. 90% of the grapes are carefully ground - the remaining 10% remain as whole berries. The mash is then fermented in stainless steel tanks for 6 to 10 days. Finally, this red wine is aged in French and American oak barrels for 11 months.
Food recommendation for the Columbia Crest Two Vines Shiraz
This dry red wine from the USA is an excellent accompaniment to pasta in spicy sauces or even Mediterranean stews. But this wine is also a pleasure for cozy barbecues with the family and friends.
|Wine acidity in g/l:||5,5|
|Sub region:||Columbia Valley (US)|
|Occasion & Theme:||balcony/patio , barbecue , Cooking with Friends , Party , Picknick|
|Ageing in:||small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Shiraz , Viognier|
|Maturation:||American Oak , French Oak|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||11|
|Aroma:||Beerenobst , Steinobst , würzig|
|Textur / Mundgefühl:||seidig , dicht|
|Nachhall / Finale:||lang|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Stil:||Übersee , klassisch|
|Speiseempfehlungen:||Helle und deftige Speisen , Würzig-pikante Speisen|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Bordeauxflasche , klassisch|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Alcohol % ABV:||13,5|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|