Shiraz Estate - Wakefield
Gold
Medaille
Berliner Wein
Trophy
Blackberry, Sour cherry, Plum and Vanilla

Shiraz Estate 2018 - Wakefield

Any questions about this product?
The maximum order quantity has been reached, order quantity is automatically adjusted.
Minimum order quantity has not been reached, order quantity is adjusted automatically.
The scale is invalid and will be adjusted automatically.
6
12
18

Ready to ship today, delivery time appr. 2-4 workdays

Personal <br />consultation!
Personal
consultation!
Personal <br />consultation!
Safe
packaging!
Personal <br />consultation!
Reliable
shipping!
Shiraz Estate 2018 - Wakefield
The maximum order quantity has been reached, order quantity is automatically adjusted.
Minimum order quantity has not been reached, order quantity is adjusted automatically.
The scale is invalid and will be adjusted automatically.
6
12
18

Ready to ship today, delivery time appr. 2-4 workdays

Shiraz Estate 2018 - Wakefield
More information

The Shiraz Estate by Wakefield glows dark red in the glass with ruby red nuances. On the nose, this red wine smells pleasantly of aromas of plums, blackcurrant and dark cherries, along with gentle hints of mocha and spicy notes of ageing in oak wood.

On the palate, this southern Australian Shiraz is powerful, with notes of plums and blackberries balanced by nuances of mocha and fine notes of oak. Rich in body, this elegant wine sits on the tongue, delighting with gentle tannins and a balanced, elegant texture that ends with good length and pleasant fruitiness in the aftertaste.

Vinification of the Shiraz Estate by Wakefield

The grapes for this wine grow in the estate's vineyards in Clare Valley, in southern Australia.  After the harvest, the grapes were quickly brought into the cellar and destemmed. The first fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks, followed by pneumatic pressing. Then 10% of the grapes for malolactic fermentation were filled into French oak barrels and the remaining 90% into American oak barrels. The blending was then carried out, the wine was then aged exclusively in American oak barrels, finally minimally filtered and bottled. The wine is already ready for drinking, with good storage it has a maturing potential for at least 7 years.

Food recommendation for the Shiraz Estate by Wakefield

Enjoy this fruity and full-bodied Shiraz from Australia with stews, braised, fried or grilled meat or with pizza and pasta.

Wakefield Shiraz Estate Awards

  • Berlin Wine Trophy
  • : Gold
  • Concours Mondial de Bruxelles: Gold
  • Decanter World Wine Awards: Silver
PROFILE
Gold
Medaille
Berliner Wein
Trophy
Product type: Wine
Type of Wine: Red wine
Wine colour: Red
Taste: dry
Occasion & Theme: family event , Gift for good friends , barbecue , perfect for an evening in front of the chimney , Romantic Dinner
Vintage: 2018
Wine acidity in g/l: 6,6
Residual sugar in g/l: 1,3
Country: Australia
Region: New South Wales (AU)
Sub region: Clare Valley (AU)
Grape Variety: Shiraz
Cuvée: sortenrein
Ageing in: small barrel
Maturation: American Oak , French Oak
Awards: Berliner Wein Trophy - Gold
Aromas & Palate Notes: Blackberry , Sour cherry , Vanilla , Plum
Finish: long
Style: classic
Optimal serving temperature in °C: 15 - 18
Food Pairing: dark food , spicy food
Glass Recommendation: Bordeauxglas
Bottle size in L: 0,75
Bottle Design & Features: Bordeaux Style , classic
Shutter type: Screw Cap - Stelvin Lux+
storage capacity in years from the vintage year: 7
Alcohol % ABV: 14,0
Allergens & Misc. Ingredients: contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide
Distributor: Mack & Schühle AG - DE-ÖKO-006 - Neue Straße 45 - 73277 Owen Teck - Deutschland
Item.-nr: 70007-AU-RW-SY-978-15
Write a review
Reviews will be published after verification.

The fields marked with * are required.

UP UP
UP