The Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt Riesling Winery
The Kesselstatt estate was first mentioned in 1349, when a document confirmed the purchase of vineyards by the old noble family of the von Kesselstatts. Since then, the slopes of the largest private winery in the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region have been under vines. Another striking point in the history of the winery was the replanting of the vineyards by a princely decree of the Wettin Elector Clemens Wenzeslaus in 1787 - henceforth, all old vines were to be grubbed up and planted with "better vines". This vine is the only one still grown on the estate today: the Riesling.
Riesling as far as the eye can see
in 1978, the estate passed into the hands of Günther Reh, and in 1983 his daughter Annegret took over the management of the Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt winery. Thanks to the company's broad base, with 12 hectares of the best vineyards on each of the three rivers, world-class site Rieslings can be produced that perfectly reflect the terroir of the various sites.
More information aboutReichsgraf von Kesselstatt
|Company Name:||Weingut Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt|
|Contact & Web|
|Telephone:||+49 (0) 6500 916 90|
|Fax:||+49 (0) 6500 916 969|