Robert Mondavi 's Private Selection Chardonnay from California is a full-bodied, soft white wine from Chardonnay (95%) and small parts of Muscat and Malvasia.
Due to the partial storage of wood, this wine is given a light golden glossy colour, which is interspersed with greenish reflections. The aromatic bouquet reveals fragrant aromas of fresh citrus blossoms, juicy pineapple and ripe peach - accompanied by subtle hints of vanilla, caramel and toast. On the palate, this American white wine delights with a beautifully balanced, lush and soft body, which is surrounded by a powerful, juicy fullness. The acidity harmonizes wonderfully with the fruit sweetness. This balance accompanies up to the long reverberation.
Vinification of Mondavi Chardonnay Private Selection
At optimum ripeness, the grapes are harvested and immediately brought to the winery. There the berries are pressed as a whole. The must is divided after pressing: 30% of this wine is fermented in the barrel and undergoes biological acid degradation. After fermentation, this white wine matures for 10 months in French and American oak barrels. The remaining 70% is fermented in the stainless steel tank and also expanded.
Food recommendation for the Chardonnay Private Selection Robert Mondavi
This dry white wine from the USA is a great accompaniment to grilled fish and seafood with creamy sauce, chicken fricassette with fresh peas and carrots or to all kinds of creamy risotto variations.
|Type of Wine:||White wine|
|Occasion & Theme:||balcony/patio , Gift for good friends , Pentecost , Romantic Dinner , summer-wine|
|Ageing in:||stainless steel tank , large wood|
|Grape Variety:||Chardonnay , Malvasia Bianca , Muscat d'Alexandrie|
|Maturation:||stainless steel tank , American Oak , French Oak|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||10|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||stone fruits , tropical fruits , floral , spicy , Caramelised|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||melt-in-the-mouth , dense|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||8 - 10|
|Style:||New World , modern|
|Food Pairing:||Light dishes , bright, hearty dishes|
|Glass Recommendation:||White Wine Goblet|
|Bottle Design & Features:||Burgundy Style , modern|
|Bottle size in L:||0,75|
|Alcohol % ABV:||13,0|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Distributor:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|